Fèlix Vinyals was born in Barcelona in 1986; has a degree in Electronic Engineer from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) a master in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Barcelona (UB) and teaches New Media Art. He is member of the Association of Visual Artists of Catalonia (AAVC) and the artist collective “OXYGEN” of the Kinetica Museum http://www.kinetica-museum.org (UK).
He works in a branch of art in the New Media Art that he calls “Biotronic Art” resulting in interactive installations that blend the vital signs of the human body with electronics, which aims to explore the relationship between society, technology and the human body.
He is the director of the postgraduate “Arduino: free ride to your technological creativity” from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC). He gives seminars and workshops about digital art, interaction with the environment, Music Hacking and related topics in Barcelona, promptly at UK universities.
He has exhibited his works in several festivals such as “Light Barcelona”, DrapArt at CCCB, “L’Estrany: unusual electronic music festival”; production and research center for the visual arts “Hangar.org” in Barcelona; the “Fields Art Festival” of Empordà; art show “StripArt” in Barcelona, among others. His work has appeared in the media “Siglo XXI” of Radio3 (Spain) and has been a speaker at the “1st International Workshop on Brain-Computer Music Interfacing” at the University of Plymouth (UK), and “Transmission Symposium: Strategies Brainwave for the Arts in Interpretation” of Bournemouth University (UK).
- “Light Barcelona” light festival of Barcelona city, Barcelona, February 2016
- +Humans, CCCB, “Essència”, in collaboration with Col·lect, Barcelona, December 2015.
- Grlop d’Art 2015, Biannual Art Exhibition, Sant Pere de Riudebitlles, December 2015.
- DrapArt 2015, CCCB, Barcelona, December 2015.
- LLUÈRNIA Festival del Foc i de la Llum (Fire and Light Festival), Olot, Catalonia, November 2015.
- TNT Terrassa (Barcelona), Catalonia, October 2015.
- Fields Art Festival, Barcelona, Catalonia, August 2015.
- L’Estrany, festival de música insòlita i electrònica (Estrany, the unheard and electronic music festival), Banyoles, Catalonia, August 2015.
- Dorkbot at HANGAR.ORG, Barcelona, Catalonia, July 2015.
- StripArt, Barcelona, Catalonia, July 2015.
Torval at the radio program “Siglo XXI” de Radio 3 (Spain), http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/siglo-21/siglo-21-dbfc-05-06-16/3156236/, July 2015.
bloGuejat: Salvador Macip personal blog, May 2015
Director and teacher of the postgraduate “Arduino: free ride to your technological creativity” from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC).
Asociated teacher at ELISAVA Design and Engineering University, teacheing Computer Science and Processing.
1st International Workshop on Brain-Computer Music Interfacing, ICCMR, Plymouth University, UK, June 2015.
The Maker Culture, Campus Universitari de la Mediterrània (Mediterranean University Campus), Vilanova i la Geltrú, Catalonia, May 2015.
Transmission Symposium: Strategies for Brainwave Interpretation in the Arts, Bournemouth University, Executive Business Centre, UK, April 2015.
- Musical Hacking, Aula 141, Barcelona, January 2016.
- Arduino, Creativity and Technology. Campus Universitari de la Mediterrània (Mediterranean University Campus), Vilanova i la Geltrú, Catalonia, Frebruary 2016.
Digital Art, Telenoika, Barcelona, Catalonia, October 2015.
Initiation to Arduino, Campus Universitari de la Mediterrània (Mediterranean University Campus), Vilanova i la Geltrú, Catalonia, September 2015.
Digital Art with Arduino, BaumannLAB, Terrassa, Catalonia, July 2015.